The Organisation: Strive Occupational Rehabilitation (ARPA Accredited)
We’ve been helping people rebuild lives and reconnect to work through health and wellbeing outcomes since 2005. We believe that people are the centre of every organisation, and when people feel connected at work, they thrive. Our mission is to help individuals and teams bring out the best in themselves, their colleagues and the organisation. And we do this every day by taking a different approach to occupational rehabilitation: we’re not just returning people to work, we’re helping them thrive in the workplace.
Strive is an equal opportunity employer supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our workplace culture is enriched by differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age and family arrangements. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our company is built on values of integrity, respect for others and a commitment to quality health and wellbeing outcomes.
The Role: Rehabilitation Consultant – OT / Physio / EP – Cairns
As industry leaders in complex case management, Strive’s approach has a strong focus on early intervention in our engagement with a number of clients including critical incident response, onsite support and team support services. This role provides the opportunity to join a variety of existing projects across Queensland, engaging with clients onsite in their workplace, with a focus on upskilling, training and debriefing.
Reporting into Strive’s Far North Queensland Team Leader, you will be tasked with the following:
- Management of a case load that includes project opportunities, early intervention, critical incident response
- Case management of clients with a broad range of physical and psychosocial needs
- Case load will include a mix of providing support to assist clients to return to their same workplace and also assisting clients to find new employment options
- Case load will include a mix of workers compensation, state government, DVA and worksite functional assessments
- Case load will require regional travel throughout North Queensland and Far North Queensland regions
Skills and Experience we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for someone who shares our vision of helping individuals and teams be connected through work.
- We welcome applicants who are curious, driven and empathetic.
- You will value your skills of the heart as much as you do skills of the head, and will be excited at the opportunity to demonstrate our values of integrity, respect for others and a commitment to providing quality health and wellbeing outcomes.
- You will bring a collaborative mindset and fresh ideas and new thinking to the team, and also enjoy working independently.
- You will have excellent time management and organisational skills and strong communication skills in your ability to liaise with colleagues and clients and will be encouraged to develop your own innovative health prevention projects.
- You will also be able to travel and stay in regional areas as part of your role requirements.
- Access to a fleet vehicle, laptop, mobile phone and iPad will be provided.
- If you want to make a real and tangible impact on the lives of others, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
- Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Occupational rehabilitation experience is desired but not essential
- New graduates or recent graduate applications are encouraged
- Strive has a formal New Graduate Program and we’re currently taking on application for our 2023 program.
- For further information please about our new graduate program please click here
- Full-time or part-time positions will be considered with flexible working hours depending on customer needs
- We are a rapidly growing organisation with opportunity to progress your career with us
- We offer flexibility around hours and remuneration based on billable hours commitment and experience
- We partner with third party agencies to provide professional development opportunities
- We have in place a formalised mentorship program
- We offer an environment where you will be a valued part of a workplace culture that is supportive and fun
- Up to $1,000 per year towards professional development opportunities
If you share our passion for early intervention, are up to the challenge of complex case management and interested in a wide variety of project-based work, then we’d like to hear from you.
Please email email@example.com and attach a one-page cover letter summarising your suitability for the role and your CV to the attention of Laura Huygens, Acting FNQ Team Leader.